- This bottle opener is made from an MLB Authenticated Game Used New York Mets Broken Bat.
- Wood features scratches and scuffs of game play.
- Quality nickel-plated hardware. Measures 6-1/2" and color, markings, shape and wear will vary.
- Officially licensed by Major League Baseball, each bottle opener includes a tamper-evident hologram sticker to ensure authenticity. Look up hologram number at mlb.com/authentication to learn further details of bat's game history.
- Gift-boxed with an authentication instruction card.
- Fun fact: a bat yields about 19 bottle openers.
The next time you see a bat broken during Major League play, realize that's the first step in the production process
Each MLB artifact is authenticated under the auspices of the MLB Authentication Program and carries a uniquely numbered hologram that allows fans to verify their item at MLB.com/authentication. MLB Authenticators witness, log, and adhere holograms to each bat that breaks and comes out of play. Thus the details of each bat are linked to a unique hologram number in this online database.
Bats acquired by Tokens & Icons are then hand-cut, shaped and engraved and an MLB Authenticator affixes an additional secure hologram to each piece of bat (shown right). This new product hologram is linked to the original artifact hologram. When fans enter the bat bottle opener's hologram into MLB's site, it reveals the date and rival team of the game in which the bat was removed from play.
The Major League Baseball Authentication Program is the most comprehensive league-wide memorabilia authentication initiative in professional sports. Since its launch in 2001, it has become the industry standard for game used sports authentication. MLB stations an authenticator at every game played throughout the season. This demonstrates a commitment to ensuring all game used artifacts are genuine.